259 mi, 4 hrs, 45 min
Appx fuel costs: $ 91
Adm. Fees: $ 20 per carload per day into the park alone
Additional Adm. fees vary but lots of free activities!
Camping Fees: $ up to 38 per night
I honestly haven't figured out yet how many days I would spend in Medicine Hat since I really want to go on to Banff and start the sightseeing up thataway. I might even consider leaving the girls with their big sister and Hunny and I go on to Banff for a few days alone. I haven't figured it out yet.
Here are the activities we're considering in Banff whether or not we have the girls with us.
#1 - Visit Sunshine Meadows for some awesome summer wildflowers
#2 - Horseback Riding. ($80 per person)
#3 - Water trip down a river. ($100/adult - $50/kids)
#4 - View and walk on a glacier ($80/adult - $45/kids)
#5 - Take a gondola ride. ($34/Adult - $15/kids)
And that's about all I have planned for Banff National Park. Doesn't it look absolutely beautiful!? We definitely will park the camper there for a couple of nights also and maybe just do some short day hikes and stuff and spend off time instead of structured time. We'll see.






Okay, I'm for the flowers in the field and the horse back ride, but not so keen on the rest...not a snow person and I have a fear of drowning...since I can't swim.
ReplyDeleteIn this case, the "snow" is a glacier. And I really want to walk on one at least once in my life since they're all melting and disappearing. I'm also thinking of holding off on the horseback riding until we get into Colorado. I don't want to do EVERYTHING at one national park and then nothing at the others.
ReplyDelete