About 2 weeks before our adventure, I had made up a backseat survival kit to keep my girls entertained. The Kit consists of:- Pre-printed "travel tickets"
- Lacing cards
- Crayons
- Dry Erase markers
- Magnetic paper dolls
- Magnetic glo in the dark alphabet letters & numbers
- Doodle Pro magnetic toy
- First Handheld Crayola Game
- Travel Pack of baby wipes
- Cookie sheet covered with white contact paper
- Pipe cleaners
- A backpack to put all of the above stuff in.
The "travel tickets" were made by printing out a little map of our daily destinations on index card size paper or card stock and laminated it. I made a border of stars around the map for every hour of the trip. If our day consisted of 10 hours of driving, then I would put 10 stars around the picture of the map. Every hour I would then punch a star with a hole punch (or ticket punch) to show the girls that another has gone by. When all the stars were punch, we were there! They loved it!
You are viewing Backseat Survival. Please click one of the following links to read more:
No comments:
Post a Comment