After a week or so of prepping for our first family vacation, we finally left our home at 5:30 a.m. Here's the route we're taking.
Shortly thereafter, we were quite hungry for some breakfast. I had great plans to prepare some breakfast sandwiches for the road, but I ultimately failed at getting that chore completed in time. DH told me we’d be fine without breakfast for a couple of hours while we consumed some mileage. Eventually, we were forced to make a fuel stop. As it happened, there was a Cracker Barrel restaurant just next door to the gas station. Therefore, we ate breakfast there, fulfilling our need for something in our tummies. Returning to the road, I mentioned to DH that I had planned on stopping for some geocaches along the route. I had every intention of completing my first one in Greenwood, LA, just west of Shreveport. However, it seems that Maggie (my trusty Magellan GPSr) made an error in the route thus cancelling my find. :(
Shortly thereafter, we were quite hungry for some breakfast. I had great plans to prepare some breakfast sandwiches for the road, but I ultimately failed at getting that chore completed in time. DH told me we’d be fine without breakfast for a couple of hours while we consumed some mileage. Eventually, we were forced to make a fuel stop. As it happened, there was a Cracker Barrel restaurant just next door to the gas station. Therefore, we ate breakfast there, fulfilling our need for something in our tummies. Returning to the road, I mentioned to DH that I had planned on stopping for some geocaches along the route. I had every intention of completing my first one in Greenwood, LA, just west of Shreveport. However, it seems that Maggie (my trusty Magellan GPSr) made an error in the route thus cancelling my find. :(We proceeded on through Dallas/Fort Worth, TX. As we entered the city limits, a certain theme song was reverbing through my head. I decided at that point to burn another CD with that particular song on it for my next trek through the area….whenever that might be. 

After another fuel stop, we finally made it to the Rocking “A” RV Park in Vernon, TX. There wasn’t much to the place, several RV spaces and few shade trees. They did, however, have a pool and playground for the kiddos. Also on the positive side, it was next door to a 24 hour Walmart... a fact that attracted me to make reservations at this RV park...just in case we’d forgotten to pack anything. 

After setting up the camper, it was time for something to eat. I was starving. We’d had that huge breakfast earlier in the day and made snacks & sandwiches at a fuel stop. We were quite hungry now for dinner. During prep week, I had pre-cooked several meals and froze them. I am so glad that I had done so. Our frozen Chicken N Dumplin’s were very yummy and “hit the spot”. Makes for super - easy cleanup too! Just pop that Ziploc bag into the microwave and serve dinner on paper plates. Then it was time for some sleep. We planned to get up early for our second day of driving to our destination at Durango, CO!
No comments:
Post a Comment